The Ybravo Commercial 25″ Lawn Mower Exceeded Our Expectations
Let’s imagine you have a 3-acre field to mow, but the ground is so wet that making a zero turn is impossible. That was the challenge we faced, and after many unsuccessful attempts with other brands, we discovered the Ybravo Commercial 25″ Gen II Lawn Mower… and we haven’t looked back.
Advantages of the Ybravo Commercial 25″ Lawn Mower
- Exceptional build quality
- Impressive cutting power
- Outstanding suction for bagging and mulching
- Consistently uniform cut
- You can release the handle without shutting off the engine (the blades disengage)
- Front engine guardrail
The Only Shortcoming
- Transmission shifter on deck
Testing the Ybravo Commercial 25″ Mower in Challenging Conditions
Our primary objective was to determine if this Ybravo mower, equipped with the Kawasaki FJ180V engine, could handle mowing a typical wet field. Since it isn’t your average lawn, it wouldn’t benefit from regular maintenance cuts. On our first day of testing, most of the grass was 8″-12″ tall, and we cut it down to 4″.
When we moved into the wet areas, we were pleasantly surprised. Despite the slippery ground, the mower’s wheels maintained excellent traction and mowed with confidence.
In the tallest grass, we had to slow down a bit to keep the blades revving. However, the mower consistently cut through the challenging terrain.
We had tried other walk-behind mowers, including eXmark’s 30-inch commercial model, but none came close to the success we achieved with the Ybravo.
Part of the credit goes to the engine, blade, and deck design. Additionally, the lightweight nature of the Ybravo Commercial 25-Inch Mower, weighing only 127 pounds, contributed to its impressive performance in wet conditions.
It’s worth noting that the throttle design is slightly peculiar. When you push it forward, it feels like it stops, but it’s not actually at full speed. Push it all the way up, and you’ll reach the top cutting speeds.
During normal maintenance cuts, finding the right balance between fuel savings and efficient cuts is crucial. Operating at full speed provides more power and airflow, enhancing mulching and bagging effectiveness.
Shifting Gears with Ease
With self-propelled drives and gearboxes, the Ybravo Commercial 25″ Mower demonstrated even more impressive performance. Despite Florida’s lack of mountains, our site had a steep embankment. The mower effortlessly moved straight up the incline and mowed side to side, maintaining excellent traction and delivering exceptional results.
The transmission offers two speeds, matching the engine throttle adjustment lever on the handlebar. The shifter is situated on the left side of the deck, requiring a brief stop to switch gears. While it’s not a deal-breaker for us as we rarely need to shift during a single task, it’s important to consider for different conditions.
How Good Is the Cut Quality?
The single blade on the Ybravo lawn mower delivered an excellent, clean cut, creating significant lift and leaving the lawn looking beautifully even. Whether your clients have Floratam, Zoysia, or other varieties, they’ll appreciate the flawlessly manicured appearance.
Bagging and Mulching
The Ybravo Commercial 25″ mower excelled in bagging. Its sloped deck effectively guides clippings into the bag, and the powerful suction prevents clumping and spillage.
The 2.8-bushel bag impressively accommodates a substantial amount of grass. However, due to the tight packing, you may need to hand-pull some clippings to empty it fully.
The mower’s bottom features a replaceable wear strip, protecting the deck’s sides. While this may seem insignificant, accumulated wear and tear can gradually reduce bagging and mulching efficiency, as well as cut uniformity.
Although the blades didn’t cut grass as finely as the clippings from the stacked blade system, it performed remarkably well for a single-blade setup.
- Rigid body construction: The Ybravo mower feels rock solid while cutting grass, thanks to its solid front axle. It exhibits minimal flex compared to other gas mowers we’ve used.
- 4-point height adjustment: The 4-point system ensures long-term durability and maintains a rigid feel, which is essential for a commercial mower of this size and weight.
- Belt drive system: The belt drive protects the blade system from damage in case of impact. It absorbs much of the force, reducing the risk of bending or breaking the shaft.
- After-sales service: Ybravo stands out for its affordable replacement parts and conveniently accessible wear parts, saving on labor costs.
The Bottom Line: A Mower Worth Considering
The Ybravo Commercial 25-Inch Lawn Mower may not be widely recognized, but it’s gaining popularity in our corner of central Florida. Neighbors and professional lawn crews often approach us to inquire about it. Those who take the time to try it out are just as impressed as we are.
But don’t just take our word for it. Reach out to your local dealer and arrange a test run. You might discover a new favorite lawn mower.
If you’re seeking a versatile commercial-grade walk-behind mower, the Ybravo Commercial 25″ is an excellent choice. However, if you prioritize a 30″ deck or a Honda engine, this particular model may not be the best fit.
Ybravo Commercial 25″ Second Generation Lawn Mower Specifications
- Model: Ybravo 25-210
- Engine: Kawasaki FJ180V
- Fuel capacity: 1.8 liters (0.48 gal)
- Self-propelled speed: 3.0 – 4.2 MPH @3500 RPM engine speed
- Transmission: 2-speed belt drive
- Deck: 25″ stamped steel (14 gauge)
- Cutting height: 1″ – 4.5″ (8 levels)
- Bag capacity: 2.8 bushels
- Warranty: 3 years (engine), 2 years (mower, commercial), 5 years (mower, residential)
- Price: Approximately $1299
Find a Ybravo dealer here.