Kreg Pocket Hole Jig Build pocket hole projects faster and smarter
Kreg has a long history of helping woodworkers achieve a super clean finish with the least amount of hassle. Now, the brand has announced its latest innovation in pocket hole joinery. Kreg designed the 720 and 720Pro Pocket Hole Jigs to include all the tools to take your woodworking to the next level.
10 second summary
- Models: Kreg KPHJ720 and KPH720Pro
- Create pocket hole joints in 1/2″ to 1-1/2″ of material
- Automaxx clamps automatically adjust to material thickness
- Onboard accessory storage
- Docking station adds more storage and supports larger parts (720Pro)
- Chip eject port helps eliminate wood dust mess, connects to shop vac
- Rugged construction with reinforced spine and lifetime drill guide warranty
- Price: $129.99 (720); $149.99 (720Pro)
What's the big deal?
Both Kreg Pocket Hole Jigs will speed up and clean up your pocket hole joinery. It starts with Automaxx fixtures. The jig automatically adjusts for material between 1/2" and 1-1/2" thick. You simply slide the material into place and press the handle. GripMaxx non-slip material helps hold material securely.
Once clamped, the business end of the Kreg Pocket Hole Jig lines up to guide your drill at the perfect angle into the workpiece. Kreg manufactures drill guides from hardened steel to provide a lifetime of clean pocket holes.
- Automaxx Single Action Clamping
- Automatic material thickness setting
- docking station
- Pocket Hole Jig
- adjustable stop
- GripMaxx anti-slip
- Onboard Tool Storage
- Clamping pressure adjustment
- Dust removal
- Hardened Steel Drill Guide
Starting February 15, you can buy the Kreg 720 and 720Pro Pocket Hole Jigs from any number of hardware stores or online. The KPHJ720 retails for $129.99, while the KPHJ720Pro retails for $149.99. While both models include some pocket-hole screws, some drill and driver bits, and a dust collection attachment, the 720Pro has a few extra features.
With the Kreg 720Pro, you also get a docking station. As Kreg tells us, this turns the 720Pro into the ultimate desktop workstation by providing wings to support longer workpieces. These material support wings also provide some extra storage space for screws and drill bits.
With the 720Pro, you also get pocket hole clamps, which allow you to attach clamps to your workstation. This jig also works with 500 series pocket hole jigs. Of course, this clamp and docking station can also be purchased separately.
Kreg also has a custom plug cutter drill guide kit (KPHA740) that can create plugs to fit perfectly into your project. Retail price is $69.99.
For smaller projects, the Kreg Micro-Pocket Drill Guide Kits create smaller pocket holes. They use 1/2" stock and narrow sheet. The 530 Drill Guide Kit (KPHA530) is used with 500 Series Pocket Hole Jigs, while the 730 Drill Guide Kit (KPHA730) is compatible with 700 Series Jigs. Both retail for $49.99.
Kreg also offers micro drill bits and snap rings. You can buy the KPHA540 for $16.99.
Kreg 720 and 720Pro Pocket Hole Clamp Specifications
- Models: Craig KPHJ720 and KPHJ720PRO
- Structure: impact resistant structure, reinforced spine
- Capacity: Materials from 1/2″ to 1-1/2″ thick
- Warranty: Lifetime Drill Guide Warranty
- Price: $129.99 (Craig 720); $149.99 (Craig 720Pro)
For more information on the Kreg 720 and 720Pro Pocket Hole Clamps, or any other product in the range, click here.