The John Deere Z915B Zero-Turn Mower is part of the ZTrak Z900 B-Series of lawn mowers. It is powered by a 25 hp (18.6 kW) gas engine, an air-cooled vertical shaft engine. The Z915B engine is equipped with features such as an overhead valve design for improved fuel efficiency, full pressure lubrication with full flow filter to reduce engine wear, easy access dual element air filter and 15 amp alternator.
The John Deere Z915B Zero-Turn Mower features a deluxe comfort seat that is standard on all Z900 Series mowers. The Z915B uses a durable 7-Iron II deck that is pressed from a single piece of steel. A big advantage of the 7-Iron II mower deck is the wide and high discharge. This provides an even distribution of the cut for a great finished look.
The hydrostatic drivetrain on the John Deere Z915B Zero-Turn Mower provides better cooling and is easier to maintain. Its hydrostatic drive features two 13 cc combined hydraulic pumps combined with commercial grade heavy duty wheel motors into one unit. To eliminate downtime and reduce operating costs, the John Deere Z915B model offers an optional Michelin X Tweel Turf rear tire solution. We checked out this mower at last year's GIE Expo 2015 and found the technology to be excellent, although there was noticeable vibration at higher speeds.
The John Deere Z915B Zero-Turn Mower is backed by a comprehensive 3-year warranty.
John Deere Z915B Zero Turn Lawn Mower Key Features
- 25 hp (18.6 kW) commercial grade engine
- Durable 7-Iron II deck is pressed from a single piece of steel
- Three-year comprehensive warranty
- Durable hydrostatic drivetrain for better cooling and easy access
- Michelin X Tweel Turf rear tire options
John Deere Z915B Zero Turn Lawn Mower Specifications
- Engine model: CV742
- Horsepower: 25 hp; 18.6 kW at 3600 rpm
- Displacement: 45.6 cubic inches; 747 cubic centimeters
- Crankcase Capacity: 2.0 quarts with filter; 1.9 liters
- Oil Filter: Full flow, replaceable
- Lubrication: full pressure
- Cooling: Air
- Air Filter: Heavy duty canister with safety element
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- Fuel Consumption: 1.1-1.9 gal/hr (typical)
- Fuel tank capacity: 11.5 gallons. (43.5 liters)
- Fuel tank switch/stop valve
- Electrical System Charging System: 15 Amps
- Battery voltage: 12V
- Cold start: 300 amps
- Chronographs: Standard, Digital
- Operator present to activate the system: Brake-N-Go (Hand)
- Price: $8,259
For drivetrain, tires, PTO, mower decks, blades, wheels and size specifications, and to learn more about the John Deere Z915B Zero Turn Mower, visit their website.