DeWalt Cordless Backpack Sprayer: An Ergonomic Solution for Fatigue-Free Spraying
If you work on a farm, golf course, or any large property, you know that using a hand pump backpack sprayer can leave your arms sore. That’s where the DeWalt 20V Max Cordless Backpack Sprayer comes in. This battery-powered alternative takes on the toughest spraying jobs while reducing fatigue.
Using the DeWalt 20V Max Cordless Backpack Sprayer
One of the great things about this sprayer is its versatility. You can power it with any DeWalt 20V Max battery. Plus, the battery door is equipped with a gasket to keep liquids out. Whether you prefer a high-capacity battery for extended run time or a compact battery pack to lighten your load, the choice is yours.
Similar to the Milwaukee SwitchTank Backpack Sprayer, activating the sprayer is as simple as flipping a switch on the side. You can also adjust the spray power using the Variflo variable power dial, which is easily accessible when wearing the sprayer.
To customize your spray pattern, DeWalt includes five fixed nozzles and one adjustable brass nozzle that conveniently stores on the wand.
So, what can you spray with this powerful tool? Thanks to the Viton seals used by DeWalt, you can use the sprayer for a variety of applications, including herbicide, liquid fertilizer, pesticide, disinfectant, detergent, stain, and sealants.
- The wide tank opening reduces the risk of spillage.
- Reinforcement around the hose minimizes the chances of kinks.
- A nickel-plated brass swivel connection between the hose and tank improves the range of motion without causing kinks.
- The heavy-duty 21″ stainless steel wand ensures durability.
- A battery level indicator is conveniently located next to the Variflo dial.
- The sprayer features a 3-tier filtration system to prevent debris from clogging the pump.
- Its harness design includes a waist belt to distribute the weight and relieve your shoulders.
Although we had the opportunity to test two samples, both had some issues. The first sample had a leakage issue that didn’t resolve even after tightening the fitting. The second unit leaked under the tank, indicating possible seal, hose, or gasket problems. However, it’s important to note that we appreciate the concept and design of the DeWalt DXSP190681 Backpack Sprayer. Hopefully, DeWalt will address these issues soon or it could be a matter of pure coincidence that we received the only two defective samples in the entire country.
The DeWalt Backpack Sprayer Kit, which includes a 2.0 Ah battery and charger, is available for $269.99. It is significantly more affordable than the Milwaukee Switch Tank system, which starts at $399 for kits. However, it’s important to mention that the DeWalt sprayer lacks certain features, such as the ability to swap out tanks. We have been using the Milwaukee Switch Tank for over a year without any issues.
- Model: DEWALT DXSP190681
- Power Source: DeWalt 20V Max battery
- Capacity: 4 gallons
- Hose Length: 50 inches
- Warranty: 3 years
- Price: $269.99 (kit includes 2.0Ah battery and charger)