CAT tools are very important in other parts of the world
Heard of CAT Power Tools? Well, neither have we, but apparently it's real, just not in the US…not yet. It appears that the brand is closely related to and manufactured by Positec Group Limited, which also owns the Worx and Rockwell Tools brands. What's more, the CAT tool line looks deep and seems to cover all the major bases. They have drills, demo hammers, grinders, fastening tools, cutting tools, sanders, lights, and more.
While all of this is interesting in its own right, perhaps the most intriguing bit of the entire lineup is the first time we've seen a tool company use graphene batteries.
The CAT line of power tool batteries includes standard 18V Li-ion batteries in various sizes. What got us particularly interested in this battery series is the 5.0Ah graphene polymer lithium battery.
To get an idea of the benefits graphene battery technology brings, CAT told us that the 18V GX5 5.0Ah battery can be fully charged in 18 minutes using the brand's fast charger.
Charge a 5.0 amp hour battery in just 18 minutes? ! ? Yes, please.
These batteries also stay cool under heavy loads, preventing overheating or the tool shutting down due to temperature. In addition, graphene batteries can continue to work in cold temperatures (below -25°C). CAT guarantees that these batteries will last 5 times longer than Li-Ion batteries.
CAT Battery and Charger Lineup
- DXB2 18V 2.0Ah lithium-ion battery
- DXB4 18V 4.0Ah lithium battery
- GXB5 18V 5.0Ah graphene battery
- DXC4 18V 4A battery charger
- DXC15 18V 15A battery charger
CAT Power Tools offers a wide selection of cordless drills, from 12V drills and impact drills to 18V drills and hammer drills. The company also offers some wired options. CAT has 750W and 850W impact drills.
Also, these bits all have a mix of brushed and brushless motors. CAT 18V cordless drills have a brushless motor, while 12V drills and impact drills (we call them impact drills) have brushed motors.
CAT 18V Cordless Drill
- DX11 18V 65N.m electric drill
- DX12 18V 65N.m electric hammer drill
- DX13 18V 80N.m electric hammer drill
- DX12K 18V 2-in-1 combo kit (impact drill and impact driver)
CAT 12V Cordless Drill
- DX14 12V 10mm electric drill
- DX15 12V 10mm impact drill
CAT Corded Hammer Drill (Impact Drill)
- DX17 750W 13mm impact drill
- DX16 850W 13mm impact drill
CAT Rotary and Demonstration Hammer
CAT Power Tools offers wireless and corded options in a selection of stable rotary hammers and demo hammers. For 18V hammers, you'll get brushless motors, while corded models have brushed motors. Both 18V and 1500W are equipped with SDS chucks.
CAT 18V SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer
- DX21 18V 2.2J SDS electric hammer
CAT Corded Rotary Hammers and Rotary Hammers
- DX26 800W 26mm Rotary Hammer
- DX27 1500W 32mm SDS Rotary Hammer
- DX28 1100W 5Kg Demolition Hammer
The CAT Power Tools line also includes a variety of angle grinders, although it appears that most are corded models. Currently, CAT does offer a single brushless 18V cordless model that includes overload protection.
CAT 18V Angle Grinder
- DX31B 18V 115mm/125mm Angle Grinder
CAT Power Tools Cord Angle Grinder
- DX37 750W 115mm/125mm Angle Grinder
- DX371 750W 115mm/125mm Angle Grinder
- DX372 750W 100mm Angle Grinder
- DX36 1200W 125mm Angle Grinder
- DX35 2350W 230mm Angle Grinder
- DX351 2350W 230mm Angle Grinder
- DX352 2350W 180mm Angle Grinder
CAT impact driver
Currently, CAT Power Tools offers only one cordless impact driver. DX71 18V 215N.m 3-speed impact driver adopts brushless motor and 3-speed design. It tops out at 3,200 rpm and 3,600 bpm under no load.
- Model: Caterpillar DX71
- Voltage: 18V
- Chuck Size: 1/4″ Hex
- No-load speed: 0-1,300/2,100/3,200 rpm
- Shock rate: 0-1,600/2,900/3,600 bpm
- Maximum torque: 215N.m
- Weight: 2.07kg
- Kit Includes: Two 2.0Ah Batteries, 4A Charger, Belt Clip, Case
CAT circular saw
Likewise, CAT's circular saw options span both cordless and corded categories. Cordless models, as we've pretty much seen them, have brushless motors with soft start and overload protection. The two corded models offer a range of power outputs, though all three fall into the 185mm size category (which means 7-1/4 inches in US parlance).
CAT 18V Cordless Circular Saw
- DX53B 18V 185mm circular saw
CAT circular saw
- DX59 1400W 185mm circular saw
- DX56 1800W 185mm circular saw
CAT reciprocating saw
Two CAT reciprocating saws including one on an 18V platform and a corded model. The corded recipe has a slightly longer stroke length of 30mm (~1-1/8 inches), but the 18V model offers slightly better power, with 200 more strokes per minute.
CAT Power Tools 18V Cordless Reciprocating Saw
- Model: Caterpillar DX52B
- Voltage: 18V
- Stroke length: 29mm
- No-load speed: 0-3,000 spm
- Maximum cutting capacity: 300mm wood, 12mm steel
- Weight: 2.80Kg (bare metal)
CAT Tools Corded Reciprocating Saw
- Model: Caterpillar DX58
- Rated power: 1200W
- Stroke length: 30mm
- No-load speed: 0-2,800 spm
- Maximum cutting capacity: wood 300 mm, steel 12 mm, plastic 150 mm
- Weight: 3.70kg
While CAT covers all the major power tool basics, we've found that they also cover an impressive array of more specialized tools (especially brands we've never heard of in the US). Some of the services provided by CAT include:
- DX51B 18V 26mm Curve Saw
- DX57 750W 26mm Curve Saw
- DX54 750W 20mm Curve Saw
- DX89 2100W Router
- DX55 1400W 110mm tile cutting machine
- DX519 2200W 355mm Cut-off Saw
- DX42B 18V 125mm Orbital Rotary Sander
- DX48 950W Belt Grinder
- DX41B 18V SDS Oscillating Multi-Tool
- DX49 350W SDS Oscillating Multi-Tool
- DX81B 18V 2mm electric planer
- DX86 900W 3mm electric planer
- DX87 2000W heat gun
- DX38 1400W 180mm Polishing Machine
- DX62B 18V Construction Site Work Light
- DX61B 18V Bluetooth Radio
For more information on CAT Power Tools, click here.