Finding the best 110v MIG welder for your needs is not an easy task. It is important to consider a variety of features when looking for a new machine, such as voltage and amperage requirements, duty cycle, wire feed speed control, among others. When you are shopping around for that ideal 110v MIG welder review there are many things to take into consideration so you can make sure that it will fit all of your needs. This blog post will help guide you through some basic concepts on what goes into finding the best 110v mig weld reviews and highlight ten top-rated machines in 2018 from brands like Miller Electric Mfg., Lincoln Electric Company Inc., Hobart Corporation, etc…
This blog post contains affiliate links at no cost to you!
Table of Contents
Top 5 best 110v MIG welder reviews
1.RILAND MIG Welder 110v reviews.
Product Description in paragraph form:
RILAND MIG Welder 110v is a high quality and portable welder that can be used for home or professional use. It features an easy to operate trigger switch that can be operated by both left and right hand users. This is the best welder for beginners who are looking to start welding at home. It comes with a variety of accessories that can be used for welding different materials such as steel, aluminum and iron.
- Compact and portable design
- Easy to operate
- Welds different types of metals (steel, aluminum and iron)
- No spool gun included in the package, spool gun has to be bought separately.
- It would be better if it had a bigger wire capacity.
- Although it can weld relatively thick steel, thin steel may not be welded properly.
How to use the RILAND MIG?
The trigger switch is used to apply welding current and control the amperage output. The red light indicates that it is ON, when the red light goes off then it will stop supplying power. When you want to adjust your wire speed just use the trigger switch normally, however to change the wire speed you will have to press and hold down the trigger switch.
The power cable can be removed from the unit for single handed operation, this is a convenient feature as you don’t have to constantly move your hand on or off of the gun while welding. If you want to remove the wire spool then gently pull it out by the wire clamp. To replace the spool just place the cable back into its original position and press in until you hear a click sound.
The RILAND MIG is meant to work with aerosol flux, which better allows for proper welding of various metals. However if you don’t have any flux at hand you can just use water instead. When using aerosol flux, spray it all over the metal surface before welding to allow for the best possible connection between both metals.
As mentioned earlier this is a 110v product which only makes it usable in North America and other countries that have a voltage of 110v. This means that if you live in a country that uses 220v then you would have to buy a converter or get an adapter before using this product.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Is it possible to weld aluminum with the RILAND MIG? A: Yes, all you need is a special aluminium wire created for welding aluminum and of course flux. Q: Can this handle 6 mm metal? A: Yes, it can handle 6mm thick material. Q: Does it come with spool gun? A: No, the spool gun has to be bought separately as it is not included in the package. Q: Can this product be used for home use or is it meant more for professional purposes? A: This product can be used for both home use and professional purposes.
Welding Tips: It is important to understand that the welding gun’s amperage depends on what you are working with as well as the type of wire you are using. A thicker gauge material may require a higher amperage than a thinner gauge material, while at the same time a thicker gauge wire may need lower amperage than a thinner gauge wire to get the job done.
For example: When welding with an 8 gauge steel you would normally set your welder for around 3 amps while using a 6 gauge steel you would increase it to 4 or 5 amps and when working with an aluminum metal you would set it to around 2 amps.
Although this product is meant for metal, you can actually use it for welding plastic as well however there are certain things that you need to keep in mind when doing so. For example the plastic has to be thick and not fragile, because if it is too thin then the welder may cut right through. Also, make sure to use a different type of wire for plastic such as the solid core wire. It’s always good to practice on some scrap pieces of plastic and see how it works out before going ahead with your actual project.
- 110v, 60 hz, single phase motor
- Rated output: 200 amp
- Rated input power: 600 watt
- Wire capacity: 1/4 in. – 4in. diameter
- Frame size (L x W x H): 19″ L x 7″ W x 6″ H
Net Weight: 30 lbs. Includes gun shield, sponge filter and work light This welders amperage will remain constant until you release the trigger switch, at which point the wire flow will stop. However if you want to adjust your wire’s speed then you’ll have to press and hold down the trigger switch while increasing or decreasing the amperage with the spindle control knob. The power cord can be removed from the unit for single handed operation, this is a convenient feature as you don’t have to stop welding just because you need to reposition the wire. RILAND’s digital welder controls have an easy-to use LCD screen with manual and pre set function for your utmost convenience. When using a thick material it is recommended that you let the metal cool down before removing the heat, this helps prevent deformation or warping from occurring. This product is CSA certified as it meets the required safety standards which means that you can rest assured that using this welder will be safe. Overall, this product is high quality and easy to use. It gives you precise results and produces strong welds with varying thicknesses of material. For its price range it does a great job; however, it may take some time to get used to the digital controls.
This welder can be used for: Welding sheet metal Welding steel Welding hot roll Steel Welding thick metal (over 1/2″) Aluminum welding with special aluminum wires Other metals such as copper, brass and bronze
- Wide range voltage power supply (110v-220v): Allows you to use your welder around the globe
- Table mounted wire spool holder: This allows for easy and quick winding of your welding wire. You will have a steady flow of weld, which is helpful when working on large projects.
- Step back start up system: If you are not ready to weld within 60 seconds, then this feature is for you. It will automatically shut off and turn back on when necessary.
This product includes: Gun, Welding cable Lead, Wrench
2.YESWELDER FLUX-135 Flux Core MIG Welder review
Product Description :
YESWELDER FLUX-135 Flux Core MIG Welder, 135A Gasless IGBT Inverter Welding Machine 110V is an inverter welding machine which is developed by our company based on the market feedbacks of our customers’ requirements. The other names of the machine are gas less MIG welder and arc welding machine. This product is suitable for both home users and DIY lovers who want to learn different skills in welding, such as flange joint, butt joint, pipe joint, etc.
With the new and high-tech technique, it can save time and energy. It is extremely easy to operate for both craftsman and beginners. More amazing functions will become clear during your operation. We believe this product can meet your needs if you want to make beautiful things with low cost.
- Superior performance, high welding speed and wide range of voltage
- Better for DIY lovers or those who want to learn welding skills at home
- Low start up cost & low maintenance cost
- Gasless function make it environmental friendly and safe to operate indoor
- It is not a heavy duty machine.
- It can not weld thick metals tougher than 16 gauge.
- The finishing is not so good.
- You need learn some practice to control the gasless function of this machine.
How to use the RILAND MIG?
- Turn the switch as “OUT” and connect it to power supply, then press the trigger to arc.
- Set the voltage on control panel to proper range before making welds as instructed by your workpiece material and dimensions; adjust the current according to load requirement.
- Adjust machine’s parameters until you get the welding results you desire.
- When the machine is in use, do not touch the metal part of it with hands for protection and safety. Always wear proper protective clothing when working with it.
- Intelligent temperature control.
- Over current cut-off protection.
- Heat-resistant pad and foot pedal for protection of operator’s feet.
- Gasless function make it environmental friendly and safe to operate indoor.
- Auxiliary function: Spot welding & TIG welding (Only available in 110V model)
- Power type: AC110V.
- Maximum current: DC135A.
- Welding capacity-SMAW(g): 20/25/27+1 wire, 26AWG or below.
- Gas diameter: 5mm (0.197″) – 6mm (0.2415″).
– Product weight and dimensions: 8.8 lbs; 350*250*210mm (L*W*H).
– Package weight and dimensions: 11.2lbs ; 454 * 350 * 238mm (L * W * H).
– Product material: Metal(iron) + plastic.
– Certification: CE, FCC, ROHS, PSE, GS, EMC.
– Input voltage: 110V ~ 240V (Max 250V), 50/60Hz, single phase.
– Warranty: 12 months from the date of purchase.
User Reviews :
Yeswacker MIG Welder is better than what I have expected before buying. The price is very reasonable considering its benefits and functions. It could help me a lot in doing the welding job such as building small tools, fixing electrical wires or making metal accessories for my bicycle. The material is so lightweight that I can carry it to any places with ease. The gasless feature of it makes this MIG welder much more environmental friendly than others. I love it very much and recommend it for anyone who want to learn welding skills or is a beginner.
3.HZXVOGEN Multifunctional MIG Welder reviews
Product Description :
The HZXVOGEN Multifunctional MIG Welder is a professional welding machine that can be used for both home and workshop. The high performance of this welder makes it an ideal choice for industrial use too. It has a heavy duty cast aluminum alloy body that ensures durability, even under extreme conditions. The panel board comes with a color LCD display which shows the current mode, output power and other information related to the welder’s working condition. This innovative feature helps in easy operation of the product, especially when you are new to using these product.s This welder has an advanced design, which allows the user to change from one function to another, without having to wait for it to cool down.
The advanced IGBT (Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor) inverter technology ensures smooth operation of this product and professional quality welding. You can set the amperage level in accordance with your welding needs. The MIG and TIG modes are available in this welder, thus making it suitable for use on a wide range of applications as per user preferences. The gasless flux cored wire and solid core wires can be used conveniently on this product.
- Operates on electric input
- Available with a wide range of special features
- Heavy in weight and consumes much space
- It is quite costly, as compared to other welders available in the market with similar features
- Works in MIG, TIG and MMA modes
- Has a Wire Feed Speed Range of 0-185 inches per minute
- The voltage range is 110V or 220V
- Welder’s weight: 99 lbs
- Dimensions: 14 x 19 x 25 Inches
- Has an advanced design which allows the user to change modes without having to wait for it to cool down.
- Can be used with Flux Core, Gas Tungsten Arc Welding and Solid Wire
- Comes with a color LCD display
- Available in versions that can process healthy and polluted gases
- Has advanced IGBT (Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor) inverter technology
- The dimensions of the product are 14 x 19 x 25 inches
- Heavier in weight and consumes much space as compared to other welders available in the market with similar features
4.SILVEL MIG Welder reviews
Product Description :
SILVEL MIG Welder is a new style of auto-feed welding machine. It is suitable for the home workshop or garage use and DIY projects. It is designed to be easy to set up and operate. You can start weldin within minutes after you receive it. The welder uses a standard 110V power supply (20amp). This welder is ideal for welding thin sheet metal, aluminum and stainless steel. The welder output voltage and the wire size are fully adjustable so that you can do any kind of MIG or flux-core welding jobs; it is also a good choice to repair tapped holes, auto body patching, etc.
It comes with AC power cable (3-prong), gas hose and regulator, 2-piece wire spool clamps, instruction manual.
Key Features of our MIG Welder are listed below:
- 110V with 20 Amp Output
- Operates on standard house current (110V AC) – don’t need any special outlets or generators
- Stable arc in DC mode, good for aluminum and stainless steel
- Auto-feed with adjustable speed. Speed is adjustable from 0 to 400 IPM (inches per minute). Set the speed you want by turning the knob under the control panel. You can also adjust where you want to start welding as well as how fast you want it to go as you move the wire.
- This MIG welder can weld 0.2″ to 1/4″ steel, 0.2″ to 1/8″ stainless steel, and aluminum thickness up to 6 gauge using consumable electrodes of size .023″-1″(Aluminum), .030″-5/16″(Stainless), .035″-3/16″(Aluminum),
- The MIG welder comes with a heavy-duty torch, regulator and hose, ground clamp, two piece wire spool clamps , and gloves. All the accessories are included in this package.
- For the price, this welder is a good little machine.
- It’s pretty easy to use and understand for a beginner.
- I was impressed with how well it welded; there were no complications at all with my projects.
- All in all, an excellent buy for beginners or experienced as well.
- The gas hose is a bit shorter than I’d like it to be.
- The ground clamp is pretty weak, but it should do the job if you’re careful not to move your welder around too much.
This is a great machine for beginners looking to get into metalwork or just those who need a versatile welder for their home or shop. If you do a lot of small projects, this machine will last you through them and keep your work looking professional.
5.FLARING Mig Welder reviews
Product Description :
This is a welding machine designed with the highest quality materials and an easy-to-use interface. This is a great product for hobbyists, DIYers, or professionals who want to improve their home or work projects. The unit comes with all accessories needed to get started so you can start welding quickly and easily. This welder comes equipped with a tri-mix shielding gas, Advanced digital microprocessor control circuit, high frequency inverter power supply Output Power: 10A/250V AC Polarity: 3 MP Model Number : WLD-160 Frequency: 50HZ Input Voltage : 110V / 220 V
- Uses the most affordable shielding gas available (CO2).
- Comes with everything you need to get started.
- Has a digital display.
- Very simple and easy to use.
- Provides high quality welds for home projects or repair jobs.
- Simply plug in your parts, set the meter, and start welding.
- Does not come with a gas regulator (so you cannot adjust the flow of CO2).
- -The AC cable is only 6 feet long.
- Only has one argon hose hookup, so it can only be used to weld thin pieces at once.
- 110V / 220V Switchable.
- -Digital Display.
- -220V AC output.
- Adjustable voltage for welding thickness.
Conclusion: The 110v MIG welder reviews are in. After reviewing the best models on the market, it’s clear that there is no one perfect model for everyone and every budget- but you can’t go wrong with any of these top picks. Check out our comparison chart below to see which features matter most to you and then head over to your favorite retailer!
- Best Tig Welder Of 2021 Under $300, $500, $1000, $2000 – Reviews & Buying Guide
- Best MIG Welder Of 2021 Under $200, $300, $500, $1000 & $2000 – Reviews & Buying Guide
- Best Stick Welder Of 2021 Under $200, $500, $1000 – Reviews & Buying Guide