Anyone who has named a lawn mower a "Bad Boy" agrees with us. The Bad Boy Maverick zero-turn mower aims to have some really cool features that combine elements of performance and comfort. As far as what makes this a "bad boy" mower, one of the standout features is that it doesn't have stamped steel anywhere. Frame is constructed of welded 2″ x 2″ 11 gauge steel. Maverick Series ZT mowers also feature the patented EZ-Ride System, which reduces front and rear compression vibrations. Unlike most zero turns we've used, the Bad Boy Maverick's forearms are split. Each comes off a hinge so it can move independently of the other. Each rear drivetrain is also separated and individually braced by dual compression shocks. Together, these features help to significantly reduce vibrations felt by the operator, and the deck of every Bad Boy mower glides freely and evenly over rough terrain.
In addition to front and rear suspension features, the Bad Boy Maverick line of zero-turn mowers offers SteerTek precision drives. This drive system offers a fully adjustable steering lever, allowing you to find just the right position and position for comfortable control of the zero-turn mower. Bad Boy also designed a new comfort seat for the Maverick mower. It has more padding so you don't feel as much terrain.
Plus, the plastic cover on the Bad Boy Maverick tank gives you access to all the necessary controls while giving you room to store your keys, phone and drink. The Maverick line comes in two models with different engine configurations – all with deck widths of 48", 54", 60". One model has a 726cc Kawasaki FS730 engine. Another model had a 747cc Kohler Confidant engine.
Bad Boy Maverick Zero Turn Mower Key Features
- Rear responsiveness, each drivetrain is individually supported by dual compression shocks
- Forward Progress, independent forearm articulation for optimal independent movement on any terrain
- SteerTek Precision Drive, fully adjustable handlebar on the steering stem for exact finding the right fit and comfortable control
- Comfortable seats with more padding
- New water tank with quick access to all controls and plenty of storage space – including room for your favorite beverage
Bad Boy Maverick Series Zero Turn Mower Specifications
- Cutting width: 4800 – 48 inches; 5400 – 54 inches; 6000 – 60 inches
- Cutting Height: 1.5 – 4 inches with Deck Height Control System
- Blade: 4800 – 1/4 x 2 1/2 x 16 1/2 inches, high lift, heat treated
- Blade: 5400 – 1/4 x 2 1/2 x 18 3/4 inches, high lift, heat treated
- Blades: 6000 – 1/4 x 2 1/2 x 20 1/2 inches, high lift, heat treated
- Instantaneous lifting electric actuator
- Single V-belt spring tension
- Anti-scalp rollers: 4800 – 4 total (2 front, 2 rear)
- Anti-scalp rollers: 5400 – 4 total (2 front, 2 rear)
- Anti-scalp rollers: 6000 – 6 pcs (4 front, 2 back)
- Deck Float: floats on 2 chains and 2 front leveling arms
- Deck Thickness: 3/16" steel
- Transmission: Hydro-Gear 3200 Dual Integrated Hydrostatic Transaxle
- Integrated axial piston pump and motor with gear reducer
- Wheel drive: Integrated commercial grade gear reduction
- Hydraulic Filters: 25 micron, replaceable spin-on, 1 per pump
- Pumps: (2) 10cc pump and motor integration
- Hydraulic Cooler: (2) 7 in. RPM cooling fans
- Weight: 4800 – 862 lbs; 5400 – 871 lbs; 6000 – 925 lbs.
- Height: 49 inches
- Overall Width: 4800 – 49 1/2 inches; 5400 – 55 1/2 inches; 6000 – 61 1/2 inches
- Length: 75 inches
- Wheel-to-tire width: 46 1/2 in.
- Tires (Front): 13 x 6.5 inches smooth tread
- Tires (Rear): 23 x 10.5-12" Turf Tread
- Steering: double lever, independent control
- Ground Speed (Forward): Up to 9 mph
- internal parking brake
- Warranty: 2 years or 400 hours on drive, spindle and clutch system
- Price: $5,899
To learn more about the Bad Boy Maverick line of zero-turn mowers, visit their website.